Kawasaki Ki-61-Id Hien (Tony) #89 (60789)1:72 Scale Airplane Plastic Model Kit
✓ All Prices in Canadian Dollars 🍁
✓ Secure Shopping
✓ Safely Packaged
✓ Orders Shipped Daily
✓ Worldwide Shipping
Live near Ottawa? Select our 'Local Pickup' on checkout!
In Desperate Defense
The Hien was officially adopted by the Imperial Japanese Army (IJA) in 1943, and stood out among its Japanese aircraft contemporaries in the Pacific War on account of its liquid-cooled Ha-40 engine, slimline fuselage and long, elegant wing. A number of different variants were produced, among them the Ki-61-Id which featured a 20cm-elongated nose to house 20mm cannons, plus 12.7mm machine guns in the wing. In fact, with 1,360 units it was the most prolifically produced Hien variant; its superior performance at higher altitudes meant that it was often given the brief of taking on incoming U.S. B29 bombers.
About the Model
- This is a 1/72 scale plastic model assembly kit. Fuselage length: 125mm, wingspan: 167mm.
- The model accurately depicts the Ki-61-Id Type Hien with elongated nose and slim fuselage.
- Complex underbelly air intake slats are artfully depicted using a single part.
- Features impressive detail in cockpit interior and landing gear bays.
- Comes with 3 marking options including 244th Air Group.
- Marking option included for understated 19th Air Group Hien with dark green upper surfaces and unpainted underside.
- A comprehensive set of decals features no less than three marking options for the modeler to choose from.
- The distinctive mottled camouflage and bright tail of 244th Air Group Commander Shunzo Takashima is also on offer.