Call of Cthulhu: Cults of CthulhuHard Cover Book
✓ All Prices in Canadian Dollars 🍁
✓ Secure Shopping
✓ Safely Packaged
✓ Orders Shipped Daily
✓ Worldwide Shipping
Live near Ottawa? Select our 'Local Pickup' on checkout!
At long last, the intricacies of the nefarious Cthulhu cult are revealed!
Cults of Cthulhu delves into the human side of the dark and horrific world of those who worship the dead yet dreaming abomination known as Great Cthulhu. Here, twisted humans try to find meaning in a hopeless universe, and seek purpose in their fleeting and insignificant lives. This is the world of the Cthulhu Cult and those who hear its master’s dark call.
In Call of Cthulhu there are many who serve the alien forces of the universe and seek to trade favor for power. But, there is one insidious cult that rises above the rest. One that has secretly permeated human civilization since before human civilization even existed: the Cthulhu Cult. From the history of its varied forms through to its notable personalities, this sourcebook presents not only ready to use Cthulhu cults but also advice on designing unique cults to trouble your investigators in your games and campaigns.
Herein, a horrific doorway is thrown open. Inside, the intricacies of Cthulhu cults and their varying permutations are explored in depth. As a Keeper, writer, or storyteller, this book can be used as a tool to help inspire you to expand and create something totally new, but still rooted in the twisted brambles and sunken seaweed of the Cthulhu Mythos.
Cults of Cthulhu guides you in the creation of complex and believable antagonists for your scenarios and campaigns—villains who are more than just faceless, robed minions and who perhaps embody the most terrifying threat in all of the Mythos.
- A history of Cthulhu cults.
- Five fully fleshed out Cthulhu cults, ready to be incorporated into games.
- Covering the Victorian era through to the Modern-Day.
- Never before seen secrets of the Deathless Masters.
- Detailed guidance on designing cults and their leaders for campaigns.
- Special “Cult Worksheet” to record the various cults created.
- Profiles for a wide range of cultists, new Cthulhu-connected monsters, artifacts, and spells.
- Three scenarios covering Cthulhu by Gaslight, the Roaring Twenties, and the Modern-Day.
- Cthulhu in Mythos tomes.
Secrets of the Cthulhu Cults
- A detailed history of the various cults of Cthulhu, spanning from the Victorian Era all the way to the modern day - perfect for any era of Call of Cthulhu play. The book also includes five distinct cults, ready for use in your games.
Design Your Own Cult
- Detailed guidance on creating your own bespoke Cthulhu cult. Included is a ‘Cults Worksheet’ to track the history of your cult, their inspirations, resources, locations, and much more.
A Suite of Scenarios
Three scenarios concerning Cthulhu cults across time:
- Loki's Gift - London, 1896. A tragedy in an upper-class family sees the investigators employed to look into the truth behind a beloved son’s demise.
- Angel's Thirst - Los Ángeles, 1923. The search for a missing taxi driver kicks off an investigation tainted by the criminal underworld, and perhaps something darker.
- A God's Dream - Chicago, 2021. When a former colleague is found frozen to death and clutching a mysterious artifact, the investigators begin to question the nature of their free will.
FOR MATURE READERS. The contents of this product deals with mature themes. It may contain descriptions of violence, gore, drug use, and sex. It is recommended for a mature audience.
This supplement is best used with the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game and, optionally, with the Pulp Cthulhu supplement, both available separately.