1989 Sauber-Mercedes C9 #359 (24359)1:24 Scale Car Plastic Model Kit
✓ All Prices in Canadian Dollars 🍁
✓ Secure Shopping
✓ Safely Packaged
✓ Orders Shipped Daily
✓ Worldwide Shipping
Live near Ottawa? Select our 'Local Pickup' on checkout!
Legendary Silver Arrow
The C9 is a legend in its own right, partly thanks to its achievement in 1989 of a first Mercedes win in 37 years at perhaps the most renowned endurance race of them all. Its chassis was the work of Swiss constructor Sauber. The car debuted in 1987 but could not find a maiden World Sportscar Championship victory until 1988, when it took five wins on the circuit. Confidence was high in 1989, and with a new and more powerful engine on board, the legendary all silver color scheme, and being run as a Mercedes-Benz works team, C9s took first and second in the aforementioned race, with their third car finishing fifth. Seven wins in eight World Sportscar Championship races that year led to a triple crown of constructor, team and driver championships, leaving the racing world in little doubt that the legendary Mercedes-Benz silver arrows were back in business.
About the Model
- This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 197mm, width: 84mm, height: 67mm (includes antennae).
- The sleek, aerodynamic form of the C9 is captured in style, complete with a detailed rendering of the V8 twin turbo engine.
- A plethora of photo-etched parts is included to add even more detail with radiator and intercooler cores, seatbelt buckles, fender louver covers and more.
- Cartograft decals are included for a choice of cars 61, 62 and 63.
- Masking stickers will help protect window sections during the paint job.
- Front wheels are steerable.
- Features a recreation of the horizontally mounted radiator contained in the nose section.
- Bulkhead-rear intercooler and innovative rear suspension with dampers housed in the subframe are accurately depicted.
- Detailed interior has depictions of bucket seat, dummy seat, fire extinguisher, instrumentation and more.
- Synthetic rubber slick tires add a realistic finish.